PostGIS 3.2.0 Released
The PostGIS Team is pleased to release PostGIS 3.2.0, the Olivier Courtin release.
This release would not be possible without the various developers listed in the credits as well as the companies that provided funding and developer time.
Companies that contributed significantly to this release are:
- CrunchyData Geometry processing functions (and improvements to GEOS, new raster functions, and address_standardizer pcre2 support
- Kontur Speed improvements to raster, MVT, GiST indexing, better usability of geometry processing, and new radius clustering mode.
- Netlab Continuous improvement of PostGIS topology, PostGIS upgrade plumbing, PostGIS test plumbing, and CI bot management
- NIBIO Developer funding for topology improvements
- Paragon Corporation – General CI bot management, release management, alignment of PostGIS with PostgreSQL versions.
Best served with PostgreSQL 14. This version of PostGIS can utilize the faster GiST building support API introduced in PostgreSQL 14. If compiled with recently released GEOS 3.10.1 you can take advantage of improvements in ST_MakeValid and numerous speed improvements. This release also includes many additional functions and improvements for
postgis_topology extensions and a new input/export format FlatGeobuf.
This release supports PostgreSQL 9.6-14, GEOS 3.6 and higher, and proj 4.9 and higher.
- source download
- PDF docs en de
- html doc download
- html online en de ja ko_KR
- epub doc download
Details of this release can be found in NEWS file: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/src/tag/3.2.0/NEWS and is also included in the source tar ball.
If you come across any issues, feel free to report via our ticket tracker or mailing list with details as described in SUPPORT
Due to some query performance degradation with the new fast index build that requires PG14, we have decided to disable the feature by default until we get more user testing as to the true impact of real-world queries.
If you are running PG14+, you can reenable it by doing
ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY gist_geometry_ops_2d USING gist ADD FUNCTION 11 (geometry) geometry_gist_sortsupport_2d (internal);
To revert the change:
ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY gist_geometry_ops_2d USING gist DROP FUNCTION 11 (geometry);
and then reindex your gist indexes.
View all closed tickets for 3.2.0.
After installing the binaries or after running pg_upgrade:
For upgrading from PostGIS 3.0, do the following which will upgrade all your postgis extensions.
For PostGIS 2.5 and below do:
ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE; SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade(); SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade();