PostGIS 3.2.0beta1 Released
The PostGIS Team is pleased to release the first beta of the upcoming PostGIS 3.2.0 release.
Best served with PostgreSQL 14. This version of PostGIS utilizes the faster GiST building support API introduced in PostgreSQL 14. If compiled with recently released GEOS 3.10.0 you can take advantage of improvements in ST_MakeValid and numerous speed improvements. This release also includes many additional functions and improvements for
This release supports PostgreSQL 9.6-14.
- source download
- PDF docs en
- html doc download
- html online en
- epub doc download
Details of this release can be found in NEWS file: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/src/tag/3.2.0beta1/NEWS Which is also included in the source tar ball.
If you come across any issues, feel free to report via our ticket tracker or mailing list with details as described in SUPPORT
Changes since PostGIS 3.2.0alpa1 release are listed below.
View all closed tickets for 3.2.0beta1.
Bug Fixes and Breaking Changes
- #5012, Clean regress against released GEOS 3.10.0 (Regina Obe, Paul Ramsey)
- #5000, Turn off Window support in ST_AsMVT aggregate as no real use-case for it and it crashes with random input (Paul Ramsey)
- #4994, shp2pgsql is sometimes missing the INSERT statements (Sandro Santilli)
- #4990, Topology getfacecontainingpoint fails on i386 (Sandro Santilli)
- #5008, Have ST_DWithin with EMPTY operand always return false (Sandro Santilli)
- #5002, liblwgeom should build with warning flags by default (Sandro Santilli)
- #4997, FlatGeobuf format input/output (Björn Harrtell)
After installing the binaries or after running pg_upgrade:
For PostGIS 3.1, 3.0, 2.5 do below which will upgrade all your postgis extensions.