The PostGIS Team is pleased to release PostGIS 3.2.2! This release works for PostgreSQL 9.6-15.
This release is a bug fix release, addressing issues found in the previous 3.2 releases.
- #5182, Fix loading topology.sql in new database (Sandro Santilli)
- #4835, Occasional distance errors in polar area (Paul Ramsey)
- #5124, GRANT USAGE on topology schema to PUBLIC (Sandro Santilli)
- #5120, Fix not-null result from ST_EstimatedExtent against truncated tables with spatial index (Sandro Santilli)
- #5115, Allow dropping topologies with pending constraints (Sandro Santilli)
- #5105, Fix false invalidity report from ValidateTopology (Sandro Santilli)
- #5039, postgis_tiger_geocoder: Support for TIGER 2021 (Regina Obe)
- #5097, Ensure spatial index is used during topology population at the getClosestEdge step (Sandro Santilli)
- #5091, Fix –without-protobuf builds (Tobias Bussmann)
- #5100, Don’t use pg_atoi (removed in PG15) (Laurenz Albe)
- #5114, Crash with long column names pgsql2shp (Paul Ramsey)
- #5123, Support for PG15 (JSON funcs exposed) (Regina Obe)
- #5125, Fix search path function (Sandro Santilli)
- #5150, Change signature of AddToSearchPath (Regina Obe)
- #5151, ST_SetPoint with empty geometries (Regina Obe)
- #5152, Fix infinite loop with ST_Split (Sandro Santilli)
- #5173, Crash creating flatgeobuf on row without geometry (Julien Rouhaud)
- #4541, ST_ConcaveHull returns a “geometrycollection” type instead of the expected “polygon” (Regina Obe)
- #5154, raster ST_Value is undercosted (Regina Obe)
After installing the binaries or after running pg_upgrade:
For PostGIS 3.2, 3.1, 3.0 do below which will upgrade all your postgis extensions.
For PostGIS 2.5 and below do:
ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE; SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade(); SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade();
If you come across any issues, feel free to report via our ticket tracker or mailing list with details
View all tickets for 3.2.2 milestone.