The PostGIS Team is pleased to release PostGIS 3.1.6! This release works for PostgreSQL 9.6-14.
This release is a bug fix release, addressing issues found in the previous 3.1 releases.
- #4835, Occasional distance errors in polar area (Paul Ramsey)
- #5152, Fix infinite loop with ST_Split (Sandro Santilli)
- #5120, Fix not-null result from ST_EstimatedExtent against truncated tables with spatial index (Sandro Santilli)
- #5076, Avoid log storm installed with pgaudit enabled (Paul Ramsey)
- #5100, Stop using pg_atoi, removed in PG 15 (Laurenz Albe)
- #5115, Allow dropping topologies with pending constraints (Sandro Santilli)
- #5151, ST_SetPoint with empty geometries (Regina Obe)
- #5150, Change signature of AddToSearchPath (Regina Obe)
- #5125, Fix search path function (Sandro Santilli)
- #5155, More schema qual fixes (Regina Obe)
- #5114, Crash with long column names in pgsql2shp (Paul Ramsey)
- #4541, ST_ConcaveHull returns a “geometrycollection” type instead of the expected “polygon” (Regina Obe)
- #5154, raster ST_Value is undercosted (Regina Obe)
After installing the binaries or after running pg_upgrade:
For PostGIS 3.1, 3.0 do below which will upgrade all your postgis extensions.
For PostGIS 2.5 and below do:
ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE; SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade(); SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade();
If you come across any issues, feel free to report via our ticket tracker or mailing list with details
View all tickets for 3.1.6 milestone.