The PostGIS Team is pleased to release PostGIS 2.4.10! This is the end-of-life release of the 2.4 branch.
This release is a bug fix release, addressing issues found in the previous 2.4 releases.
- 4871 TopoGeometry::geometry cast returns NULL for empty TopoGeometry objects (Sandro Santilli)
- 4757 Handle line collapse due to snap-to-existing node (Sandro Santilli)
- 4769 Fix segfault in st_addband (Raúl Marín)
- 4727 Fix geocentric bounding box computation for rare case (Paul Ramsey)
- 4326 Fix CircularPolygon area calculation (Paul Ramsey)
- 4968 Update autogen.sh to handle autoconf 2.71 issues (Raúl Marín, Regina Obe)
- 4971 Cunit fixes for newer CUnit (Raúl Marín, Regina Obe)
- 5140 regress cleanly against GEOS 3.7-3.8, GDAL 3.4, fix address_standardizer install and allow to install via pkg-config (Regina Obe)
After installing the binaries or after running pg_upgrade:
ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE;
If you come across any issues, feel free to report via our ticket tracker or mailing list with details
View all tickets for 2.4.10 milestone.