The PostGIS development team is pleased to release PostGIS 3.0.0alpha3.
This release works with PostgreSQL 9.5-12beta2 and GEOS >= 3.6
Best served with PostgreSQL 12beta2.
View all closed tickets for 3.0.0.
Main changes since PostGIS 3.0.0alpha2 release are as follows:
- 4438, Update serialization to support extended flags area (Paul Ramsey)
- 3437, Speed up ST_Intersects with Points (Raúl Marín)
- 4352, Use CREATE OR REPLACE AGGREGATE for PG12+ (Raúl Marín)
- 4441, Make GiST penalty friendly to multi-column indexes and build single-column ones faster. (Darafei Praliaskouski)
- 4372, PROJ6: Speed improvements (Raúl Marín)
- 4414, Include version number in address_standardizer lib (Raúl Marín)
- 4334, Fix upgrade issues related to renamed parameters (Raúl Marín)
- 4388, AddRasterConstraints: Ignore NULLs when generating constraints (Raúl Marín)
- 4327, Avoid pfree’ing the result of getenv (Raúl Marín)
- 4406, Throw on invalid characters when decoding geohash (Raúl Marín)
- 4429, Avoid resource leaks with PROJ6 (Raúl Marín)
- 4443, Fix wagyu configure dropping CPPFLAGS (Raúl Marín)
- 4440, Type lookups in FDW fail (Paul Ramsey)
- 4442, raster2pgsql now skips NODATA tiles. Use -k option if you still want them in database for some reason. (Darafei Praliaskouski)
Note that a major change in 3.0 is that the raster functionality has been broken out as a separate extension. If you are upgrading from a previous edition, do the following:
After installing the binaries or after running pg_upgrade, make sure to do:
ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE; -- this next step repackages raster in its own extension -- and upgrades all your other related postgis extension SELECT PostGIS_Extensions_Upgrade(); --if you don't use raster, you can do DROP EXTENSION postgis_raster;
– New users
CREATE EXTENSION postgis; CREATE EXTENSION postgis_raster; CREATE EXTENSION postgis_topology; CREATE EXTENSION postgis_tiger_geocoder;
If you use legacy.sql or legacy_minimal.sql, make sure to rerun the version packaged with these releases.