The PostGIS Team is pleased to release the second beta of the upcoming PostGIS 3.2.0 release.
Best served with PostgreSQL 14. This version of PostGIS utilizes the faster GiST building support API introduced in PostgreSQL 14. If compiled with recently released GEOS 3.10.1 you can take advantage of improvements in ST_MakeValid and numerous speed improvements. This release also includes many additional functions and improvements for
This release supports PostgreSQL 9.6-14, GEOS 3.6 and higher, and proj 4.9 and higher.
Details of this release can be found in NEWS file: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/src/tag/3.2.0beta2/NEWS Which is also included in the source tar ball.
Changes since PostGIS 3.2.0beta1 release are listed below.
View all closed tickets for 3.2.0beta2.
Bug Fixes and Breaking Changes
- #5016, loader (shp2pgsq): Respect LDFLAGS (Greg Troxel)
- #5005, ST_AsFlatGeoBuf crashes on tables when geometry column is not the first column (Björn Harrtell)
- #5017, topology.ValidateTopology error relation “shell_check” already exists (Sandro Santilli)
- #5018, pgsql2shp basic support for WITH CTE clause (Regina Obe)
- #5019, address_standardizer: Add support for pcre2 (Paul Ramsey)
- GH-647, ST_AsMVTGeom now uses faster clipping (Aliaksandr Kalenik)
- GH-648, ST_PixelAsCentroids, ST_PixelAsCentroid reimplemented in C (Sergei Shoulbakov)
After installing the binaries or after running pg_upgrade:
For PostGIS 3.1, 3.0, 2.5 do below which will upgrade all your postgis extensions.