PostGIS 3.3.0 Released
The PostGIS Team is pleased to release PostGIS 3.3.0.
This release would not be possible without the various developers listed in the credits as well as the companies that provided funding and developer time.
Companies that contributed significantly to this release are:
- Crunchy Data Geometry processing functions and improvements to GEOS
- Kontur Speed improvements to raster, MVT, GiST indexing, better usability of geometry processing.
- NetLab Continuous improvement of PostGIS topology, PostGIS upgrade plumbing, PostGIS test plumbing, and CI bot management
- NIBIO Developer funding for topology improvements
- Oslandia Developer funding for SFCGAL improvements
- Paragon Corporation – General CI bot management, release management, alignment of PostGIS with PostgreSQL versions.
Best served with PostgreSQL 15. This version of PostGIS can utilize the faster GiST building support API introduced in PostgreSQL 15.
If compiled with recently released GEOS 3.11.0 you can take advantage of new functions added and improvements to some existing functions. This release also includes many additional functions and improvements for
This release supports PostgreSQL 11 and higher, GEOS 3.6 and higher, and proj 5.2 and higher.
- source download
- PDF docs en de
- html doc download
- html online en de ja ko_KR
- epub doc download
Details of this release can be found in NEWS file: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/src/tag/3.3.0/NEWS and is also included in the source tar ball.
If you come across any issues, feel free to report via our ticket tracker or mailing list with details as described in SUPPORT
View all closed tickets for 3.3.0.
After installing the binaries or after running pg_upgrade:
For upgrading from PostGIS 3.0, do the following which will upgrade all your postgis extensions.
For PostGIS 2.5 and below do:
ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE; SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade(); SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade();