The PostGIS Team is pleased to release PostGIS 3.0.6. This release works for PostgreSQL 9.5-13.
This release is a bug fix release, addressing issues found in the previous 3.0 releases.
- #4835, Occasional distance errors in polar area (Paul Ramsey)
- #5152, Fix infinite loop with ST_Split (Sandro Santilli)
- #5087, Prevent configure for PostgreSQL >= 14 and note in docs, PostgreSQL > 13 major is not supported (Regina Obe)
- #5115, Allow dropping topologies with pending constraints (Sandro Santilli)
- #5120, Fix not-null result from ST_EstimatedExtent against
truncated tables with spatial index (Sandro Santilli)
- #5151, garden crash ST_SetPoint with empty geometries (Regina Obe)
- #5150, Change signature of AddToSearchPath (Regina Obe)
- #5155, More schema qual fixes (Regina Obe)
- #5154, ST_Value is undercosted (Regina Obe)
After installing the binaries or after running pg_upgrade:
For upgrading from PostGIS 3.0, do the following which will upgrade all your postgis extensions.
For PostGIS 2.5 and below do:
ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE; SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade(); SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade();
If you come across any issues, feel free to report via our ticket tracker or mailing list with details
View all tickets for 3.0.6 milestone.