The PostGIS Team is pleased to release PostGIS 3.0.1.
Best served with PostgreSQL 12.2, GEOS 3.8.0, SFCGAL 1.3.7, GDAL 3.0.4, PROJ 6.3.1, protobuf-c 1.3.3, json-c 0.13.1.
This is the first release of PostGIS done after our move to Git and that supports PostgreSQL 13 development release
Details of this release can be found in NEWS file: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/src/tag/3.0.1/NEWS which is also included in source tar ball and in this email.
If you come across any issues, feel free to report via our ticket tracker https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis or mailing list with details as described here - https://postgis.net/support/. For security issues, send reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- #4637 svn number replaced by git hash in version output (Sandro Santilli, Regina Obe, Bas Couwenberg)
- #4617, Add configure switch
--without-phony-revision(Raúl Marín) Use to prevent postgis_revision.h from rebuilding (when building from tar ball) and building in a gitted folder.
Bug Fixes and Enchantments
- #4558, Fix oversimplification of polygon inner rings (Raúl Marín)
- #4588, Fix update when ST_Union(geometry) doesn't exist (Raúl Marín)
- #4590, Fix pg_upgrade issue with ST_LineCrossingDirection (Raúl Marín)
- #4599, ST_AddPoint: Accept -1 as a valid position (Raúl Marín)
- #4600, Improve precision of ST_TileEnvelope (Raúl Marín)
- #4605, Fix postgis_upgrade.pl with PostgreSQL 12 (Matti Linnanvuori)
- #4606, Respect user's LDFLAGS in postgis module build (Sandro Santilli)
- #4610, Add in logic to install postgis_tiger_geocoder from unpackaged (Regina Obe)
- #4581, Installing postgis_raster from unpackaged tries to use wrong schema (Regina Obe)
- #4596, The script to generate nation_script_load.sh is missing a trailing quote (Bill Mill)
- #4608, PG12: Fix several bugs in the index support function (Raúl Marín)
- #4621, Prevent stack overflow when parsing WKB (Raúl Marín)
- #4626, Support pkg-config for libxml2 (Bas Couwenberg)
- #4632, Allow building with PostgreSQL 13 (Raúl Marín)
- #4570, Include raster2pgsql in windows packaging (Regina Obe)