The PostGIS Team is pleased to release the first alpha of upcoming PostGIS 3.1.0 release.
Best served with PostgreSQL 12.1, GEOS 3.8.0.
- source download
- PDF docs en de
This is the first release of PostGIS done after our move to Git and that supports PostgreSQL 13 development release
Details of this release can be found in NEWS file: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/src/tag/3.1.0alpha1/NEWS Which is also included in source tar ball and in this email.
If you come across any issues, feel free to report via our ticket tracker https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis or mailing list with details as described here - https://postgis.net/support/
View all tickets for 3.1.0 milestone.
- svn number replaced by git hash in version output (Sandro Santilli, Raúl Marín)
- remove ChangeLog (anyone who needs that much info should refer to git log) (Regina Obe)
- #4577, Drop support for PostgreSQL 9.5 (Raúl Marín)
- #4579, Drop postgis_proc_set_search_path.pl (Raúl Marín)
- #4601, ST_TileEnvelope signature changed.
- #3057, ST_Force3D, ST_Force3DZ, ST_Force3DM and ST_Force4D signatures changed.
- #4601, Add ST_TileEnvelope margin argument (Yuri Astrakhan)
- #2972, Add quiet mode (-q) to pgsql2shp (Kristian Thy)
- #4617, Add configure switch
- #3057, Optional value params for Force3D*, Force4D functions (Kristian Thy)
- #4624, ST_HexagonGrid and ST_SquareGrid, set returning functions to generate tilings of the plane (Paul Ramsey)
- #4539, Unify libm includes (Raúl Marín)
- #4569, Allow unknown SRID geometry insertion into typmod SRID column (Paul Ramsey)
- #4149, ST_Simplify(geom, 0) is now O(N). ST_Affine (ST_Translate, ST_TransScale, ST_Rotate) optimized. ST_SnapToGrid optimized. (Darafei Praliaskouski)
- #4574, Link Time Optimizations enabled (Darafei Praliaskouski)
- #4578, Add parallellism and cost properties to brin functions (Raúl Marín)
- #4473, Silence yacc warnings (Raúl Marín)
- #4589, Disable C asserts when building without "--enable-debug" (Raúl Marín)
- #4543, Introduce ryu to print doubles (Raúl Marín)
- #4626, Support pkg-config for libxml2 (Bas Couwenberg)
- #4615, Speed up geojson output (Raúl Marín)
- #4544, Fix leak when parsing a WKT geometry_list (Raúl Marín)
- #4545, Fix leak in wkt_parser_triangle_new (Raúl Marín)
- #4549, Fix several functions when the schema isn't the search_path (Raúl Marín)
- #4546, Fix PLPGSQL functions missing the schema qualification (Raúl Marín)
- #4558, Fix oversimplification of polygon inner rings (Raúl Marín)
- #4588, Fix update when st_union(geometry) doesn't exist (Raúl Marín)
- #4590, Fix pg_upgrade issue with st_linecrossingdirection (Raúl Marín)
- #4592, Add missing CPPFLAGS in multiple Makefiles (Raúl Marín)
- #4599, ST_AddPoint: Accept -1 as a valid position (Raúl Marín)
- #4600, Improve precision of ST_TileEnvelope (Raúl Marín)
- #4608, PG12: Fix several bugs in the index support function (Raúl Marín)
- #4621, Prevent stack overflow when parsing WKB (Raúl Marín)
- Function postgis_svn_version() replaced by postgis_lib_revision() (Sandro Santilli)