PostGIS 2.2.0 is released! Over the last two years a number of interesting new features have been added, such as:
- True nearest-neighbor searching for all geometry and geography types
- New volumetric geometry support, including ST_3DDifference, ST_3DUnion and more
- Temporal data model support and functions like ST_ClosestPointOfApproach to support temporal query
- Spatial clustering functions ST_ClusterIntersecting and ST_ClusterWithin
- Subdividing large geometries with ST_Subdivide
- Fast box clipping with ST_ClipByBox2D
- In-database raster processing with ST_Retile and ST_CreateOverview.html
- New high-speed native code address standardizer
- Visvalingam-Whyatt geometry simplification with ST_SimplifyVW
- Support for compressed "tiny well-known binary" format with ST_AsTWKB and ST_GeomFromTWKB
See the full list of changes in the news file and please report bugs that you find in the release.
Binary packages will appear in repositories over the coming weeks as packagers roll out builds.
View all [closed tickets for 2.2.0]. :http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/query?status=closed&groupdesc=1&group=priority&milestone=PostGIS+2.2.0&order=priority