PostGIS 2.1.0beta3 Released
The 2.1.0beta3 release of PostGIS is now available.
The PostGIS development team is proud to release a feature complete beta version of upcoming PostGIS 2.1.0. As befits a minor release, the focus is on speed improvements, more features, and bug fixes. While this beta release is feature complete, we expect some bugs and we'd appreciate it if you test it before final release and report back with any issues you run into so we can have a smooth release.
If you are currently using PostGIS 2.0+, you can go the soft upgrade path: ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE TO "2.1.0beta3";
Users of 1.5 and below will need to go the hard-upgrade path.
Best served with a bottle of GEOS 3.4.0dev and PostgreSQL 9.3beta2. (which will also be released soon)
This release contains bug fixes completed since 2.1.0beta2 release:
- #2185 postgis: Geometry output functions crash server with invalid WKT (windows 64)
- #2213 postgis: postgis-2.1.so: undefined symbol: json_tokener_errors
- #2336 tiger geocoder: FIPS 20 causes wildcard expansion to wget all files
- #2339 postgis: PostgreSQL 9.3beta1 EDB regress failures
- #2359 raster: raster2pgsql - large collection of examples of different bugs in -l (overviews)
- #1959 build/upgrade/install: Upgrading with extensions getting a row is too big
- #1850 build/upgrade/install: upgrade scripts for postgis 2.0 and 2.1
- #2356 build/upgrade/install: PostGIS extension files no longer installing
- #2334 build/upgrade/install: Cannot upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 (non-extension upgrade)
- #2279 build/upgrade/install: Can't upgrade PostGIS from 2.0
- #2351 postgis: Postgis 2.1 st_distance between geographies wrong
- #2262 postgis: autocast to box causing issues with removed functions
- #2300 postgis: Cleanup ePub formatting and generation
- #2315 postgis: geography_distance_uncached: variable 'tolerance' set but not used
- #2165 postgis: ST_NumPoints regression failure with CircularString
- #2348 raster: Provide 2.0 to 2.1 upgrade path for raster
- #2346 topology: Fix topology tests after GEOSSnap fixes
- #2344 buildbots: Changing in regress caused winnie to scream
- #2332 postgis: ST_GeomFromWKB crashes PostgreSQL server
- #2329 tiger geocoder: bug on backup
- #2326 documentation: [raster]: ST_ColorMap doesn't respect nodata value
- #2323 sfcgal: doc po builds missing sfcgal items
View all closed tickets.