PostGIS 2.2.0 is released! Over the last two years a number of interesting new features have been added, such as:
- True nearest-neighbor searching for all geometry and geography types
- New volumetric geometry support, including ST_3DDifference, ST_3DUnion and more
- Temporal data model support and functions like ST_ClosestPointOfApproach to support temporal query
- Spatial clustering functions ST_ClusterIntersecting and ST_ClusterWithin
- Subdividing large geometries with ST_Subdivide
- Fast box clipping with ST_ClipByBox2D
- In-database raster processing with ST_Retile and ST_CreateOverview.html
- New high-speed native code address standardizer
- Visvalingam-Whyatt geometry simplification with ST_SimplifyVW
- Support for compressed “tiny well-known binary” format with ST_AsTWKB and ST_GeomFromTWKB
Binary packages will appear in repositories over the coming weeks as packagers roll out builds.
View all closed tickets for 2.2.0.