The PostGIS Team is pleased to release the first beta of the upcoming PostGIS 3.1.0 release. This version is exposes some of the new performance and feature enhancements in not yet relesed GEOS 3.9 as well as numerous speed enhancements not requiring newer GEOS. Requires GEOS 3.6+ and PostgreSQL 9.6+. To use MVT you will need protobuf-c 1.1. or higher.
Best served with:
Details of this release can be found in the NEWS file: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/src/tag/3.1.0beta1/NEWS
View all tickets for 3.1.0 milestone.
- #4214, Deprecated ST_Count(tablename,...), ST_ApproxCount(tablename, ...) ST_SummaryStats(tablename, ..), ST_Histogram(tablename, ...), ST_ApproxHistogram(tablename, ...), ST_Quantile(tablename, ...), ST_ApproxQuantile(tablename, ...) removed. (Darafei Praliaskouski)
- #4801, ST_ClusterKMeans supports weights in POINT[Z]M geometries (Darafei Praliaskouski)
- #4804, ST_ReducePrecision (GEOS 3.9+) allows valid precision reduction (Paul Ramsey)
- #4805, _ST_SortableHash exposed to work around parallel soring performance issue in Postgres. If your table is huge, use ORDER BY _ST_SortableHash(geom) instead of ORDER BY geom to make parallel sort faster (Darafei Praliaskouski)
- #4625, Correlation statistics now calculated. Run ANALYZE for BRIN indexes to start kicking in. (Darafei Praliaskouski)
- Fix axis order issue with urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG in ST_GeomFromGML() (Even Roualt)