The PostGIS Team is pleased to release the second alpha of upcoming PostGIS 3.1.0 release.
Best served with
PostgreSQL 13beta2, GEOS 3.7 or higher is recommended.
ST_MaximumInscribedCircle requires compilation with GEOS 3.9.0 in development to be enabled.
pgRouting 3.1.0 which will also be released soon.
Details of this release can be found in NEWS file: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/src/tag/3.1.0alpha2/NEWS Which is also included in source tar ball and in this email.
View all tickets for 3.1.0 milestone.
- #4656, Cast a geojson_text::geometry for implicit GeoJSON ingestion (Raúl Marín)
- #4687, Expose GEOS MaximumInscribedCircle (Paul Ramsey)
- #4710, ST_ClusterKMeans now works with 3D geometries (Darafei Praliaskouski)
- #4675, topology.GetRingEdges now implemented in C (Sandro Santilli)
- #4681, ST_GetFaceGeometry: print corruption information (Sandro Santilli)
- #4651: ST_Simplify: Don't copy if nothing is removed (Raúl Marín)
- #4657: Avoid De-TOASTing where possible (Paul Ramsey)
- #4490, Tweak function costs (Raúl Marín)
- #4672, Cache getSRSbySRID and getSRIDbySRS (Raúl Marín)
- #4676, Avoid decompressing toasted geometries to read only the header (Raúl Marín) Optimize cast to Postgresql point type (Raúl Marín)
- #4620, Update internal wagyu to 0.5.0 (Raúl Marín)
- #4623, Optimize varlena returning functions (Raúl Marín)
- #4677, Share gserialized objects between different cache types (Raúl Marín)
- Fix compilation with MSVC compiler / Standardize shebangs (Loïc Bartoletti)
- #4652, Fix several memory related bugs in ST_GeomFromGML (Raúl Marín)
- #4661, Fix access to spatial_ref_sys with a non default schema (Raúl Marín)
- #4670, ST_AddPoint: Fix bug when a positive position is requested (Raúl Marín)
- #4699, crash on null input to ST_Union(raster, otherarg) (Jaime Casanova, 2ndQuadrant)
- #4716, Fix several issues with pkg-config in the configure script (Raúl Marín)