The PostGIS development team is pleased to release PostGIS 3.0.0beta1.
This release works with PostgreSQL 9.5-12RC1 and GEOS >= 3.6
View all closed tickets for 3.0.0.
Main changes since PostGIS 3.0.0alpha4 release are as follows:
- #4492, Fix ST_Simplify ignoring the value of the 3rd parameter (Raúl Marín)
- #4494, Fix ST_Simplify output having an outdated bbox (Raúl Marín)
- #4493, Fix ST_RemoveRepeatedPoints output having an outdated bbox (Raúl Marín)
- #4495, Fix ST_SnapToGrid output having an outdated bbox (Raúl Marín)
- #4496, Make ST_Simplify(TRIANGLE) collapse if requested (Raúl Marín)
- #4501, Allow
postgis_tiger_geocoderto be installable by non-super users (Regina Obe)
- #4503, Speed up the calculation of cartesian bbox (Raúl Marín)
- #4504, shp2pgsql -D not working with schema qualified tables (Regina Obe)
- #4505, Speed up conversion of geometries to/from GEOS (Dan Baston)
- #4507, Use GEOSMakeValid and GEOSBuildArea for GEOS 3.8+ (Dan Baston)
- #4491, Speed up ST_RemoveRepeatedPoints (Raúl Marín)
- #4509, Update geocoder for tiger 2019 (Regina Obe)
- #4338, tiger geocoder Census block level data (tabblock table) not loading (Regina Obe)
Note that a major change in 3.0 is that the raster functionality has been broken out as a separate extension. If you are upgrading from a previous edition, do the following:
After installing the binaries or after running pg_upgrade, make sure to do:
1ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE; 2-* this next step repackages raster in its own extension 3-* and upgrades all your other related postgis extension 4SELECT PostGIS_Extensions_Upgrade(); 5 6--if you don't use raster, you can do 7DROP EXTENSION postgis_raster;
-* New users
1CREATE EXTENSION postgis; 2CREATE EXTENSION postgis_raster; 3CREATE EXTENSION postgis_topology; 4CREATE EXTENSION postgis_tiger_geocoder;
If you use legacy.sql or legacy_minimal.sql, make sure to rerun the version packaged with these releases.